Pages

Wednesday 7 April 2010

A somewhat guilty diversion...

...into fashion. Yes, I said it. I used the dreaded F word. Fashion. There. *breathes immense sigh of relief, now that the word has been uttered and gotten off my chest*

I recently discovered a steampunk-oriented blog called STEAMED! and it's fantastic. I didn't think of myself as really into the clockwork, gears and Victorian fashions and art that seem to characterize steampunk, but I've discovered now that I love it. I want the clothes, I want the art, I want the books, I want it all. I'm not entirely sure how I came across the site, except that I reckon it was through reading author Gail Carriger's blog (her novel Soulless and its sequels are steampunk/urban fantasy) and she mentioned she'd done an interview with them. The long and short of it is, I discovered STEAMED! and it was there, on that website where I discovered my love for the aforementioned clothes, art and books, that I discovered steampunk-oriented clothier Clockwork Couture.

Oh, boy. If I had the money, I'd probably shop them out of stock. Some of the shoes/boots are to die for. Most specifically, this is to die for.

These boots.

I think I'd sell my left leg for them. The black ones, not the red or purple. Or maybe I'd sell my left arm. (But please, don't take me up on these offers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment