I like thinking ahead. When I write the first page of a new book, a part of me is already imagining what the hardback cover might look like. It's silly, it's fun and it's harmless - I expect a lot of us do it. So in the interest of brightening up this Monday, I thought I'd share some of my expectations vs. the reality.
Two years ago, if I'd imagined what today might look like, my Fantasy To Do list might have looked something like this-
1. Buy gorgeous new dress for movie premiere
2. Acquire personal assistant/slave to deal with things like taxes and cooking
3. Buy new house. The old one's only got six bedrooms
4. Switch on Christmas lights
5. Write fourth bestseller
6. Buy plane tickets for holiday in Italy
Today, my actual To Do list looks a lot like this-
2. Get wall in (the only) spare bedroom fixed before baby is born
3. Ring HMRC about double taxation form
4. Buy insulated bottle bags (might be cheap on eBay?)
5. Write some more of a New Book (The One I Really Want to Go Somewhere But Which I Fear May Not Because I'm Having a Crappy Dry Spell)
6. Fix Twitter button on website
Ah, so glamorous.
What are your most outrageous (or exaggerated) fantasies?